A1 Spanish Courses Information
OVERALL OBJECTIVES OF THE A1 Spanish COURSE.
The 20/25-hour A1 Spanish course is the first level in the series of Spanish courses and is designed for students who have had little or no previous Spanish instruction. The goal of this course is to provide students with the opportunity to use the language for real-world purposes and to help them become aware of Spanish-speaking cultures. The class will be conducted primarily in Spanish, and Spanish will be used as the means of communication.
GENERAL OBJECTIVES FOR A1 LEVEL
- You will be able to understand and use familiar everyday expressions and very basic phrases aimed at the satisfaction of needs of a concrete type.
- You will be able to introduce yourself and others.
- You will be able to give details about where they live, people they know and things they
- Sentence Structure: statements, negative sentences and questions. Word order.
- Articles, determiners and pronouns: basic level
- Gender and number in adjectives and nouns. Agreement.
- Verbs Ser and Estar. Verb haber in impersonal structures: Hay/No hay…
- Adverbs, prepositions and place, time and frequency expressions.
- Indicative tenses: Present, regular and irregular verbs. "Estar + gerund". "ir a + infinitive"
- Basic vocabulary: colours, shapes, daily activities, the classroom, a description, the family,
- Greetings and presentations.
- Talking about personal information: nationality, age, profession, date and place of birth…
- Describing people and places: giving and understanding directions.
- Requests and questions at an information desk, in a shop.
- Expressing habits and routines.
- Telling the time.
- Talking about preferences, agreement and disagreement: basic forms.
- Giving advice and recommendations.
- Intentions and plans: basic forms